Below are a few words about protocol for the graduation ceremonies:
- Press your gown if necessary or find that special someone to do it for you!
- There should be no decorations, flowers or notes pinned on the gown or mortarboard.
- The square cap is worn so the flat board and the floor are parallel. Often the tendency among women is to not ruffle the hair in front. We recommend all ladies who wish to preserve their hair to keep the cap parallel; to do so, tuck the front of the cap under the board and pin it securely.
- Men, please remove your hats, primarily for prayer. A key is to watch the platform personnel and do as they do.
Distinctions between Ceremony & Celebration
"Ceremony" exists at all events.
- Baccalaureate - We ask that there be NO photos during the ceremony.
Commencement - There are two parts to Commencement.
- The ceremony occurs from the beginning until the individual degrees are given out.
- The celebration comes at the conferring of the degrees: photos, applause, etc.
Pictures will be taken by a professional photographer during the ceremony. Go to http://www.imagegrad.com/ for information about purchasing them.
Return your gown and hood to the designated drop-off spot (behind the black curtain) at the Idaho Center by 5:30 pm.
You may want a picture holding your diploma while wearing your regalia so be sure you do this before you turn in your gown and hood.
Your hat, tassel and honor cords are yours to keep, so remove them before turning in your hood and gown.